Friday 24 June 2011

An uneventful start to the weekend

I arrived at the pads for the first time since october. a kingfisher greeted me as i had a quick look around and selected my peg for the night, beginning to set up a little after 6pm. I knew that I was in for some rain overnight, but the drizzle started whilst I was baiting the rods, it would bareley stop all night. In this peg you can get the car right into he swim, a careless driver could get it right into the river. I began sitting in the car as a temporary measure, but as the rain hammered a tinny rythmn on the roof and the light faded away, I decided that it didnt look likely that i would get the bivvie up.I reclined the car seat, and with the bite alarm reciever on the dash settled down for the night, with the radio for company... Glastonbury weekend...


The rain relented for a few minutes around 11pm, after checking the baits I had a brief, but unsuccessful, worm hunt. I would remain bite free throughout the night...Iit didn't matter though, I was just filling time really, the session was always to be curtailed by tomorrows trip to the Derwent. First blank of the season, never mind eh!

.

No comments:

Post a Comment