Sunday 29 August 2010

Blanking at the moon

A clear and cold night was forecast for the sunday night before the bank holiday, I had planned to just fish the evening, but had taken the bivvy to keep the option of stopping out open. I fished the weirpool, with boilies over a couple of kilos of groundbait, eventually a carp has to succumb. Not tonight though. as the last light faded from the sky a bright white moon rose directy behind my rodtips, ruining my night vision but lighting up the rat that ran back and forth along the shoreline at regular intervals. I have often found that high pressure, clear skies and a bright moon combine to be bad news for fishing, the temperature dropping to a chilly 7 degrees can't have helped. I cut my losses at 1:30am, packing up without having a bite, my first total blank for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment