Saturday 11 September 2010

Another total blank

I've been a bit bogged down with DIY for a few weeks, fishing has been on the back burner. I'd been reflecting upon my (and everyone elses) lack of success on the pads and concluded that the weed was a major factor, presenting a bait was near enough impossible.  So, today I got to the pads at about 15:30, armed with 15pints of hemp and the weed rake.
90mins of determined raking moved a couple of bins worth of weed, along with a stone loach, two water scorpions, some dragonfly larvae and dozens of snails and swan mussles. I threw out the hemp before spending half an hour sorting through the weed in the margins to return the swan mussles.
I had hoped that all the disturbed mini beasties, together with the hemp and the coloured water would be enough attraction to kick of some fairly instant action. I set one rod up with bolt rigged spicey shrimp boilies and the other with redworm on a size 14 and 3lb bottom running ledger to act as an indicator for any fish which might arrive. None did, not even a solitary perch. the mystery of the pads deepens... headed home at 21:30 without even a tap. two consecutive total blanks. Not good!

No comments:

Post a Comment