Sunday 26 September 2010

Total blank

the cold northerly wind was still blowing, and I was back, fishing a pair of rods over my prebaited spot beneath the willows. One rod fished a bolt rigger boilie, the other running ledger with a pair of pellets. both baits were topped off with a piece of sweetcorn. I had another bucket of prebait with me , a third of which was used to carpet the swim.
 I started at about 5:30pm and took the shelter this time, to provide some solace from the bracing wind. The rods were cast out, placed on the alarms and left. I needed a few hours to work on a paper for a conference which is due shortly, so i was combining tasks, working on my netbook whilst keeping an ear out for the alarms. At the start of the session I felt fairly confident, after all his swim has been pre - baited daily for a week and i would be fishing for many hours into darkness. The gusting wind raised two solitary bleeps from my sullen bite alarms, at least confirming i had actually switched them on. but I would see no fish tonight. I reeled in the rods at a couple of minutes past midnight. The boilie untouched and the pellets gone - softened to the point that they fell off on the retrieve or snaffled by a stealthy pescardo... its probably more likley to be the former, but less discouraging to think that it was the latter.

No comments:

Post a Comment