Wednesday 22 September 2010

Just a little dabble

It seems a shame to kepp turning up at the river, chucking in some bait, then not wetting a line.
The pagan in me though i should do something to note the vernal equinox, so i did a short session from 6-10 o see how the prebait is developing.
 I put one rod on a spicy shirmp popup over a kilo of hemp, directly on the spot ive been baiting beneath the overhanging willow. the other rod was baited with a spicy shrimp and halibut pellet cocktail, and supported with an 8inch pva stocking filled with 4mm pellets.
Summer turned to autumn as I fished, and at 20:17 the rain started, rather then dig out the brolly i just retreated further up the bank, sheltering beneath an ancient sycamore tree. At about 9pm I was joined by the shadowy silhouette of tawny owl, who settled on a dead branch of the willow, watched me for a couple of minutes, bofore continuing on his hunt. As the bats flittered overhead the tip of the pellet rod nodded 2 inches forward,before dropping back, a line bite, or dropped take, who knows. I checked the bait 30 mins later ands recast, but all was in vain. I would see no fish tonight. I put another kilo of hemp and a kilo of sweetcorn in as I left. Tomorrow I'll be ramping up the feed...

No comments:

Post a Comment