Monday 18 July 2011

Finally Tracked Down Loads of River Carp

Its just a shame that they are 999 (according to google directions) miles away!!

We had a sunny weekend in Barcelona, and finished up with a night in Girona. Lovely old town with the river Onyar running smack bang through the middle of it. More to the point the river Onyar is absolutely rammed full of quality fish, I must have watched a dozen 20lb+ carp backed up by twenty or more doubles. I can't find a river carp near Nottingham for love nor money, but hop on  a plane for a couple of hours and I could practically cross the river by hopping from back to back across the fat piggies!


Its not just the carp that got me dreaming of what a travel rod could have yielded...further downstream  (by the red bridge in the top photo) was a shoal of at least 20 barbel, many of which would be pushing double figures and tucked in against the bridge a shoal of what I would swear were rudd. I'd have been certain that they were rudd if it hadn't have been for the fact the the average size looked about 2lb, and one or two would probably have made 4lb!!!... if Carlsberg made fishing eh!

No comments:

Post a Comment