Thursday 28 July 2011

Stalking bullheads

Went back to the pads after work this evening, arriving at about 6pm in the swim I had the bream out of last week, balled in about half a carrier bag of groundbait and fished with boilies, pva and pellets. As the sun went down there were lots of bream rolling in the swim, but half the size of last weeks slabs. Had a couple of liners but no proper bites.. i didn't blank though...
John had said on friday that my bulhead was a fluke... to prove him wrong I wrangled this little fella out...



 He wasnt my first choice, I was stalking a much larger specimen,chasing my bullhead P.B. but nothing I tried could get the big fella to sample the single maggot on a size 24 hook.  In addition I also got an absolutely tiny bullhead to mouth the maggot, but it couldnt get the hook into its mouth... thats how small it was. I also managed to i.d. (with the help of the waterproof camera) a few very small 3 spine sticklebacks. Its amazing what you see when you point a torch into the right kind of aquatic habitat at night.


I packed up at 01:15, another 7 hours added to the carpless totalizer

No comments:

Post a Comment