Monday 8 August 2011

Cormorants at Colwick

It was another bright day, though showers were forecast. I headed down to the sluice gates at Colwick. Again this is part of doing the legwork and trying to pin a location on the river carp. I had taken a couple of rods to keep me company while looking for any signs of fish basking in the shallow rocky water below the gates. Of fish I saw no sign, fishing with maggot feeder I went for the whole 3hours without a single bite.




It has been a very curious few days, again even the minows were ignoring maggots tossed into the shallows. Atmospheric conditions, perhaps, the colossal solar flare & geomagnetic storm maybe. perhaps (probably) the 13 cormorants I spotted have got something to do with it  whatever the reason I've had a dire few days fishing!

No comments:

Post a Comment